Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Newborn beanies

Today is Grandmother's Day in Poland. One of mine has unfortunately passed away few years ago, but is still in my mind, especially in this day. I remember when I was a little girl I used to take few lessons on knitting from my dearest Granny, who knew everything about knitting. She used to make those colorful knitted winter socks, which I wear when the snow is deep. I still regret I learned only how to make the first step with needles and that's all. But the passion for it was somewhere there in me, waiting for its moment in my life. 

And here it is! The begining of it wasn't in fact connected with the extreme knitting, I wrote about in my previous post. It was a time when I was expecting my little baby. My husband grandmother made us two gorgeous newborn sweaters with little hats. They brought me to the idea of arranging a newborn photo session for my baby when she comes into the world. I've started to learn left and right loops, the most simple patterns for how to make a newborn beanie. Because I was fond of photos of little babies with those cute beanies on. My dream was to make the session with beanies made by my own. And I did it!




Filcolana peruvian highland wool/ photo from Magicloop where I bought the wool for beanies
Photo by Julia Molner


Filcolana peruvian highland wool/ photo from Magicloop
Photo by Julia Molner
Do you recognize the patchwork throw we used for this photo of my Zu? :-) If you would like to see more photos, go to my post on Patchworking. For the session we also used this tiny little grey blanket from Effii, which you may find here.



Filcolana peruvian highland wool/ photo from Magicloop and Garnstudio



The little baby was three weeks old when we did the photo session (taken November 2013), so soon after the three beanies I made for her at the beginning was too small to wear it. So I decided to make a new one, and another one and that's how we finished with five pretty hats before Christmas :-)




Filcolana peruvian highland wool/ photo from Magicloop and Garnstudio

Filcolana peruvian highland wool/ photo from Magicloop




No comments:

Post a Comment